Applicant Screening Criteria
Applicant(s) are urged to review the screening criteria to determine if the requirements can be met. If any applicant needs assistance in the application process, please advise the landlord. Non-English speaking applicants may provide an interpreter to assist. A valid explanation for any difference from the requirements may be considered by the landlord if provided by the applicant(s). If necessary, provide additional information or explanations on a separate sheet of paper.
Failure to meet the screening criteria may be grounds for: (1) The denial of the application, or (2) The requirements of a co-signer who will be able to meet the screening criteria, and/or (3) The requirements of payment of an additional deposit.
Incomplete, inaccurate, illegible or falsified information may be grounds for rejection or termination of the rental agreement upon discovery.
- Each applicant over 18 shall submit a completed application that is legible, verifiable and accurate.
- Each applicant(s) shall provide two pieces of identification, one of which contains a personal picture.
- An applicant screening charge shall be paid at the time of application.
This Charge is:
- Nonrefundable if application is processed; or
- Refundable if a prior application is accepted.
- The landlord utilizes a Tenant Screening Service to verify information,
- The landlord obtains credit reports to verify financial information.
- The landlord obtains reports of civil and criminal records to verify information.
If the applicant is denied in whole or in part on information received from tenant screening service or a consumer credit reporting agency, the applicant(s) shall be notified. The name and address of the agency will be provided to allow the applicant(s) to obtain a copy of the reports and correct any incorrect information.
Source and Amount of Income: Total income shall be two times the rent. At the time of application, it shall be the obligation of the applicant to provide proof of income by submitting copies of the following:
- If employed, copies of at least two pay stubs or an employer statement of earnings.
- If self-employed, copies of the last tax return.
- If other income, copies of assistance checks, retirement investment reports or other financial data that can prove source, amount, frequency and duration of income.
Housing References: The applicant(s) shall provide information necessary to verify rental or home ownership history for the past two years. Information obtained from those related by blood or marriage may require a co-signer or an additional security deposit.
- Occupancy may not exceed two persons per bedroom.
- The rental unit is a non-smoking unit.
- Vehicle parking is limited to two (2) vehicles.
- Pets or other animals are not permitted.
Aid animals or modifications to the unit necessary to assist those with disabilities will be allowed with a medical certificate of need.
Arrests and Convictions: Arrests and/or convictions of civil and criminal activity will be evaluated. Any individual whose occupancy could constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or could result in physical damage to the premises will be denied.
Demeanor and Behavior of the applicant(s) during the application process will be considered. The landlord may require the presence of all possible occupants (and pets(s) if applicable) for the application interview.